- Project, Program & Portfolio management professionals
- Senior Executive management
- PMO managers/directors and PMO core team members
- Consultants (involved in projects and/or organizational change)
AGILE PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT™
Regionally recognized as a Portfolio, Program, Project Management, and PMO expert and a world-class speaker, Mohammed Khalifa possesses a combination of technical knowledge and broad-based business management skills, gained from more than twenty years of experience in strategic planning & business management. Mohamed has used internationally acclaimed standards to successfully manage complex projects. With a rich history of working with multinational companies, Mohammed has also gained valuable experience in dealing with a culturally diverse workforce.
Mohamed has managed and supported strategic planning and implementation in Singapore, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Sudan, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates. He has worked across many sectors including IT, Research, Oil & Gas, Telecom and Government. Mohamed has developed, implemented and operated many Project/Program Management Offices (PMO), conducted OPM3® assessment and implement Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) MS Project 2007, 2010 and 2013. He has hands-on experience in automation of project planning, control, reporting and contract administration through Primavera / Microsoft Enterprise Project Management.
Mohamed was the first certified Program Management Professional (PgMP)®, PMI certified Scheduling Professional (SP)®, PMI certified Agile Practitioner (ACP)® and PMI Risk Management Professional (RMP)® and PMI Organization Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)® Assessor and Consultant in Kuwait. Mohamed participated as a Global Sustainability track Chair in PMI North America Global Congress in 2011 and in PMI EMEA Global Congress in 2012. Mohamed Khalifa is an aPRO Recognized Assessor from American Society for the Advanced Project Management. Mohamed Khalifa is PMI LMC Alumni 2013.
Before the COVID-19 Pandemic, Portfolio Managers and Executives were likely to spread resources consistently among departments to ensure fairness and minimize conflicts while using different techniques like Balance Scorecard among others.
With the new set of circumstances of today, faced with uncertainty and lack of resources, Portfolio managers and other executives need to restructure their decision-making process on a portfolio level.
Today, Portfolio, Program, Project & PMO Managers have to re-allocate talent & funds across the most valuable initiatives.
Keeping a project or a program which does not add value alive, at the moment, is not acceptable. This is why organizations need to adopt agile portfolio management.
Portfolio Agility, linked with organizational agility can increase and enhance the benefits creation by enhancing the timeline of “cutting cost” and seeing this as an opportunity. It has to be done effectively to enhance the sustainability of organizations.
In this workshop we will teach you how to redesign your portfolio for the new business environment which will allow you to be flexible and increase value, we will teach you how to make decisions in a VUCA environment and how to apply governance to reduce risk while increasing opportunities.
You will get more than 20 TEMPLATES to help you develop and manage your Portfolio Agility!
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE IS AWARDED TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!
The training approach includes
- Team exercises
- Group discussions
- Understand the importance of Portfolio Agility, the challenges, and how it can add value
- Understand what exactly an agile environment is, the principles and how to align them with your portfolio principles to lead and support
- Identify and assess the various roles a Portfolio, Program and PMO Managers can have in organization using agile methods and how it can use those roles to support and advise efficiently and effectively
- Learn how to adopt a practical, step by step approach on how to build and manage an Agile Portfolio.
- Definition of Portfolio Agility
- Difference between traditional and Agile Portfolio Management
- The Importance of Portfolio Agility
- The main components of an Agile Portfolio.
- Q & A
- Definition of Organizational Agility
- Building Strategic Agility
- Scaled Agile Framework and Customer Centricity
- Agile benefits delivery
Agility, Change Management and Innovation as Catalysts in Organizational Transformation
- Innovation / Key Enabler of Strategy
- Portfolio Management – Another Key Enabler of Strategy
- Agility – Another Key Enabler of Strategy
- Innovation, Portfolio Management and Agility – A Happy Family.
- Changing the management outlook
- Overview and Guiding Principles
- The Concept of Governance
- Effective Design Factors
- Governance Roles
- Impact of Governance on Portfolio Success
- Method to establish your governance practices
- Overview and Guiding Principles
- Portfolio Risk Planning
- Portfolio Risk Identification
- Portfolio Risk Assessment
- Portfolio Risk Response
- Workshop using templets and tools
- Maximizing Value
- Assuring Value
- Realizing Value
- Measuring and Reporting Value
- A Look at Tools
- Steps to build an Agile Portfolio
- Tools and techniques to build an Agile Portfolio
- Workshop with a related template
- Develop Portfolio Risk register
- Stakeholder Management
- Performance Management
- Decision making in complex social environments
- Reasons to Kill a Project or Program and how to do it
- Principles of Crisis Management
- Managing stakeholder expectations during the change