Riyadh / 03 Mar 2019
Phone: +41 44 586 6390
Mobile: +41 78 241 2017
The International Project Management Officer (IPMO)® is the most important industry-recognized certification series for PMOs. There are three levels of certification reflecting the level of competency: Foundation, Practitioner, and Expert.
Certified IPMO Practitioners have demonstrated, through a combination of formal training and competency assessment, that they have an in-depth understanding of PMO principles and practices including the design, implementation, and operation of enterprise wide-PMOs
This course brings together the latest in academic research and best practices across the project, program and portfolio (strategic) areas into a PMO framework that will allow the attendee to understand the building blocks of project, program and portfolio management, success factors, success criteria, PMOs types, assessment of the current PMO setups in terms of SWOT and then a roadmap to strategically design and implement an integrated approach to ensure PMO alignment with organizational needs.
You will be able to design and establish PMOs from a services and capabilities perspective within the context of the organization, the project types they support, PMO functions including their ability to act as catalysts to knowledge sharing units that seed and support innovation groups whilst understanding the risks associated with long-term PMO performance. In doing so, will you will have an opportunity to find out why some PMOs might perform below expectations as well as learn how to improve individual and collective PMO performance in an organization to achieve maximum business value. This course is also designed to be hands-on, encompasses the day-to-day operational aspects of PMOs by detailing the challenges and best practices to improve communication and optimize resource utilization. You will learn how to prioritize projects, and monitor progress and budgets on a continual basis. You will take away key documents from the course that can be used immediately at your workplace to carryout PMO strategic and operational reviews, as well as the day-to-day activities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- PMO Directors/PMO Managers
- Project/program management professionals
- Consultants (involved in projects and/or organizational change)
- Project/program/portfolio managers with expertise in PMOs
- Experienced PMO Core team
- Understand the value of high performing PMOs
- Describe the different roles of PMOs in a single and networked context and across different levels of the organization
- Understand the similarities and differences of organizational project management maturity versus PMO maturity
- Hands-on experience on applying the PMO lifecycle using the detailed case study to walk through a real PMO enterprise example
- Experience establishing a mandate for PMOs implementations
- Identify the steps required to implement PMOs ranging from a single project based PMO, to enterprise-wide PMOs
- Learn new tools and techniques never used before in the PMO arena
The training approach includes:
- Team exercises
- Group discussions
- Detailed five-day Simulation Case Study
- Presentations and role play
- Exam preparation
- Exam – 2 hours with 100 multiple choice questions
- Module 1: Introduction to the IPMO-Practitioner
- Module 2: Building the Context and Need for PMOs
- Module 3: PMO Lifecycle Framework to Build and Run PMOs
- Module 4: Organizational Capabilities to Build and Run a PMO
- Module 5: Identify / Evaluate / Strategize for a PMO
- Module 6: Design and Justification for a PMO
- Module 7: Pilot and Implement a PMO
- Module 8: Run, Monitor, and Control One (Or More) PMOs
- Module 9: Transform / Retire PMOs
- Module 10: PMO Success and PMO Maturity
It was a real eye-opener that allowed me to look into the PMO world from a different perspective. During the course, I understood the project, program, portfolio management in the context of PMO’s. I learned how to set up and run successful PMOs, I can now differentiate between different roles of PMOs and learned how to identify PMO success factors. This was all done in group discussions where we shared our knowledge, group exercises, role plays and case studies reflecting the theory to reality. It was a great and unique journey starting from the course arrangement going through the material teaching until the certification exam. Thank you for the professional training that helped us gain a lot.
A special and big THANK YOU Dr. Robert Joslin for sharing you knowledge with us. Your way of delivering the course material was exceptional and inspiring. I am sure that with your and your colleagues hard work, AIPMO will be THE reference assassination for PMO.
Although I have been in this field for many years, this outstanding experience has introduced me to a new world full of unique experiences, opportunities and a great chance for personal growth. I have learned many things with an extraordinary tutor and a group of talented individuals where we all were able to share our different perceptive and knowledge with an open mind for learning and developing. And though the course was intensive, the way it was taught through was very interactive and interesting that kept us all engaged all the time. This course encouraged me to go the distance and keep moving forward in improving myself and learn more about this field; A journey that I am super excited that I have started and looking forward to the next road it will take me through.
My thanks go to the event organizers for their effort in arranging this course, to our great tutor Dr. Robert Joslin IPMO-E, Pf MP, PgMP, PMP, CEng for sharing his precious knowledge and experiences with us, and to my colleagues who I spent an amazing time with. Truly it was an honor being with you all.
A value will be added to any participator in this course. I thought I had a good understanding of how to establish and manage PMOs, but the principles and ideas gained from the course proved the opposite. I would like to thank Dr. Robert Joslin and the fabulous team for the best course journey I have ever had.
James started his career in industry, gaining international and domestic experience in the sales and marketing function, before entering management consulting, where he worked on managing the change arising from ERP implementations, data warehouse constructions, website creation, and similar large scale programs, for global organizations.
He has also facilitated learning seminars since 2002, both open enrolment and in a company, gaining experience in over 35 countries on four continents, across a wide range of industry sectors, including the private sector, NGO and the public sector.
His background allows James to mix a highly practical, yet rigorous approach to management development and he is known for a relaxed and friendly style.
James holds a Master of Science degree in Consulting, the prestigious IPMO-E certification and has been PMP® certified since 2003.