Governance is how to control management. It is an ongoing process of decision making that sets rules (Policy), Checks the rules are being followed AND check that desired business goals are being delivered.
Understanding what governance is and how to apply it is essential for all leaders and managers. PMO managers, senior executives, Directors and Program and Project managers should all have a strong interest and common understanding of how the organization maintains effective decision making.
Poor governance is recognized as a significant cause of project delay and even failure. Understanding the principles of good governance is easy with a little guidance and leads to developing the critical skills required to apply a governance framework to your organization’s particular culture and needs.
This course ensures you have the knowledge to establish effective project, program and portfolio governance. The course is focussed on “How-To” by taking you through the steps to build a Governance Management Plan and an Implementation schedule to add governance to, and refine governance in your management controls.
- Build a complete understanding of project, program and portfolio governance using principles and techniques proven to work across multiple business sectors.
- Learn how to ensure effective decision making in your organization’s projects and programmes.
- Learn how to establish effective governance for your projects, programmes and portfolios.
- Understand the principles that underpin effective governance.
- Develop governance arrangements that provide senior executives with visibility and control.
- Design governance frameworks that clarify who makes what decisions.
- Scale governance mechanisms to suit projects with different risk profiles.
- Build a Governance framework tailored for effective decision making in your organization.