The course timings are from 9AM to 4:30PM UK Time
AXELOS MoP® Foundation Certification
Portfolio Management is defined as a coordinated collection of strategic processes and decisions that together enable the most effective balance of organizational change and business as usual. Management of Portfolios (MoP®) approaches the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint.
It provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made, and what the impact is on business as usual and the organization’s strategic objectives.
This is the three-day approach to gaining the Foundation qualification.
It is an intense course that will require delegates to prepare thoroughly and be prepared for evening work throughout the course.DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
The MOP® Foundation level course is ideal for any staff involved in Portfolio Management roles who wish to gain an understanding of best practice, as well as a qualification, for example:
- Portfolio sponsors, owners and company directors
- Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Directors
- Portfolio Office Managers and support staff
- Programme and Project Sponsors
- Programme Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Operational managers involved in portfolios and programmes
The MOP® Foundation is a 3 days course.
Preparation is the key to success, which is why we provide a full pre-course programme to help you arrive on the first day fully prepared.
- Implement, Sustain and Measure
- The Strategic and Organisational Context
- Portfolio Management Principles
- The Portfolio Definition Cycle
- The Portfolio Delivery Cycle
- Portfolio Management
Throughout the course, interwoven within the delivery of the theory and the practical examples of good practice, there is ongoing support and preparation for the examination. We provide sample papers and worked exercises using a scenario/case study to help create situations which develop the delegates understanding and recall of the material.
*Module structure may change
Benefits for the learner:
- Application of MoP® common vocabulary.
- Increased confidence in real world application.
- Thorough knowledge of the MoP® methodology at theory and application level.
- Ability to apply MoP® to scenarios and real world situations.
- Ability to explain the benefits
- Potential to continue to Practitioner level
Benefits for the organisation:
Include achieving competence in your managers should deliver:
- More of the ‘right’ programmes and projects being undertaken in terms of greater financial benefits and measurable contribution to strategic objectives, removal of redundant and duplicate programmes and projects.
- More effective implementation of programmes and projects via management of the project development pipeline, dependencies and constraints; and redirecting resources when programmes and projects to do deliver or are no longer making a sufficient strategic contribution, thus more efficient resource utilization.